Christmas is on its way and it will be here faster than we think. Some of us might be holding on to a few extra kilos that you would like to get rid of to feel Summer-ready and not feel bad about over-indulging on Christmas day.
I have some easy and effective tips that might just help. A lot of them may be common sense, but others you might see as being quite strict. But that’s OK because it may only be a few weeks before you see results and hit maintenance mode. Keep reading for my top ten tips below.
- Get Strict: While you may not be into counting calories, you might just find that when you work out your BMI and the corresponding daily calorie recommendation, that you are over consuming each day. Every little bit helps, so why not spend just a few weeks counting calories until you are confident that you are eating the right amount.
- Start swapping: Eggs and spinach instead of toast or cereal. Fill your plate with veggies and salad instead of rice or pasta. Use lettuce or cabbage as wraps, instead of sandwiches.
- Up the protein: Ensure that you are eating enough protein in your meals and snacks. This helps you to feel fuller for longer and gets your metabolism firing. Think nuts, LSA, boiled eggs, poached chicken, natural peanut butter and tofu.
- Cut back on the Treats: If you are really trying everything then why not go for it and try really cutting back your treats for a few weeks. It might make all the difference so it is worth a go if you think you can manage.
- Say No to Alcohol: Even the old glass of wine adds up in terms of calories, and with no nutritional value it could be a quick and easy way to see results.
- Mix Up Your Repertoire: Our bodies get used to repetition. Instead of cooking the same thing every night, try something different, or even just mix up the recipe a bit.
- Stay Focused: One day at a time is all we can do. Don’t let a bad day turn into a bad week. So, if you have a slip-up, dust yourself off and remember that tomorrow is another day closer to your goal.
- Get Support: Try chatting to a friend or another mum who has lost weight. Pick their brain and see if they have any insight for you about anything you are missing or not doing. Jump onto The Healthy Mummy Facebook group and be inspired by other mum’s advice and stories on the page.
- Boost Your Metabolism: Get your insides to do all the work. Fire up your metabolism and the calories will burn themselves.
- Move, Move, Move: For some people, a daily walk and some weekly strength training is enough to see great results. For others, you might need to get more of a sweat on to see the benefit. Try alternating your walks with jogging or a light run. Increase your strength training as this helps to build muscle which means you will burn more calories even from your daily movements.
Image Source: POPSUGAR Photography / Diggy Lloyd